Sunday, March 7, 2010

8.5 and 7.5 weeks old! Where does the time go?

This is GM4 eating his first milk bone.
This is a cute picture of GF1. We have nicknamed her "Molly".
This is a picture of GM1. I have nicknamed him "Teddy Bear". He is just so mellow and has a beautiful block head.
I am not sure what puppy this one is, however put a beer in his hand and the remote in the other and he would be set :-)
This is a sleepy picture of SM1.
Another picture of GF1 "Molly".

This is a picture of SF2, AKA "Doey". We have not yet gotten a good picture of this wonderful girl! She is ALWAYS on the go. go.. go....... She is my pick of the litter. The smartest of all the dogs. She has big, bright beautiful eyes that capture you... hence the name "Doey" for her doey eyes.


Playing games under our bed....


This is a cute picture of SM1. He is a great all around average guy. Very mellow, adventerous and spunky all at the same time.
Today we had 8 puppies in the house with us... this is some of the mischief they were getting into.
These two pictures are of GF4. A very mellow girl who will be dark red. She loves to give you kisses every time you pick her up! I took these pictures because this is something Ginger does in our bedroom everyday, rests her head on the windowsill and looks out. We still have some chewy marks on our window ledge when Ginger was a puppy and sat looking out the window.



a
As of today, we have sold 5 puppies to some amazing families. Kurt and I feel so good about the homes our puppies have gone to. We know they will have amazing lives! Everyone has promised, so far, to keep us posted on the puppies growth and will send us pictures from time to time. It is very bittersweet for both Kurt and I. We have grown personally attached in special ways to each and every puppy. We have started to figure out their quirks and personalities :-)

Our daily puppy routine has changed some now that they have gotten bigger. Every morning Kurt and I go out together and clean up the garage together. We pull out the old hay, sweep the garage, flip over the dog blankets, fill up food and water, let the puppies outside to play for a bit and wipes up all the poops that didn't make it onto the hay. We then mop the entire garage with Lysol to kill any germs and frankly to make the world smell a bit better :-) In the afternoons, Kurt goes out and checks on the pups and fills up their food/water dishes. When I get home at night, Kurt and I go back out to the garage pick up any poops, fill up food and water, change their blankets to clean ones and sweep the garage.... and of course hold and love puppies all day long. We have this routine down pretty good... once the puppies are all sold to good homes Kurt and I have decided we will take morning walks together in the time we would have been cleaning up the garage.

Ginger and Sunny are both doing excellent. We have had to place t-shirts on both of the girls in order to 100% wean the puppies. Ginger and Sunny actually don't seem to mind the t-shirts... I personally feel embarrassed for them both! The puppies were frantic for milk the first day we put the shirts on the girls.... following the girls around all over the yard. As of today, the puppies have seemed to get the memo that there is no more milk supply and have left the girls alone.

Huck still has a bandage on his food. He broke the sutures last weekend after playing ball for some of our friends. We took him back to the vet this past week and they placed some staples to close up the incision. So, we continue to have an ace wrap on his foot for 12 - 14 more days. I am going to take Ginger into the vet this week for a follow up check-up and her rabies vaccination and will take Huck back in for staple removal two weeks from now.

Otherwise, all is well here on Hummingbird Hill Farm. I am now 6 months pregnant and loving this time. I am having some friends over next weekend to start putting together our nursery (paint, etc.) I am feeling the baby kick and dance in my belly all day long. Kurt has yet to feel the baby kick from the outside yet. I have to remind myself to take it easy, sit down and put my feet up from time to time. I feel like I have a lot of energy but it is short lived when I get to working in the garage, etc. This weekend I pruned all of our apple/cherry trees, roses and started to tend to my flower gardens again. I am very anxious for spring to arrive! I can't believe this past Saturday we almost hit 70 degrees!!! in early March!!

No comments:

Post a Comment