Sunday, February 13, 2011

Dirty Fingers

Since I do not currently have a green house I have had to make due and use this wonderful table in my garage (recently donated to me by a fellow gardening friend!). I have started some of my seeds for my garden this up and coming year. I have a grow light and some natural sunlight provided by this window. Our garage is currently warmer than normal due to the fact that this is where we have our puppy manger! When the weather gets better I intend on using cold frames this year to help with my starts. I plan on planting Peas in my garden this weekend or after there is no longer a threat of snow. Peas can been sown directly in the ground after President's Day. It is recommended that you soak them on a paper plate with a wet paper towel until they start to germinate.  So excited to just get my fingers dirty. I have a play pen set up in the garage for Abby to be in while I am gardening. It is the best I can do for now while she is in the crawling phase. I can't wait to get out in the garden with her this summer... I foresee lots of garden hose baths after a long day in the garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment